View screenshots showing how to setup your layout and design programs to export print ready files.
Print Ready Files
- Images are saved at 200dpi. 300dpi is preferred if possible.
- Color images are saved as CMYK. Black and white images are saved as grayscale or bitmap images.
- PMS colors are labeled consistently throughout the piece.
- Images are provided as .psd, .ai or .pdf files.
- Images and text are set to either knockout or overprint, depending on color.
- Black backgrounds and shape-fills are created using rich black consisting of 40% cyan, 30% magenta, 30% yellow and 100% black.
- Text is saved as 100% black.
- Files are provided as high resolution PDF's, Quark, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop files.
- All fonts and images are embedded.
- If using a drawing program, all text has been converted to paths or outlines.
- All images that go off the edge of the page have been carried out at least 1/8" past the trim line. 1/4" is preferred if possible.
- Multi-page pieces have been positioned as single pages or printer spreads, not reader spreads.
- If files are supplied as a PDF, a 1/2" pasteboard is included on all four sides.